In the midst of Covid-19 pandemic, one of the industry which has grown exponentially is an online course. The popularity of these courses is attracting several learners to opt for the non-traditional way of learning.
There are several advantages of pursuing online courses such as; it provides flexibility to finish the program at its own pace, working professionals need not leave the workspace and most of the courses are highly affordable.
Here is the list of the online platform offering the best of resources;
1. Coursera: Leading the competition, Coursera is considered to be one of the best online platforms to deliver quality materials to its learners. The team has partnered with US Universities and other prestigious institutions to provide course material covering dozens of different subjects. With the introduction of Micro, Mastertrack, Degree and Specialization based courses, they have established their name in online education. Currently, they have more than 2400+ business customers offering services to their learners.
2. Udemy: An average number of 800 videos added to the Udemy repository every month. They offer a wide variety of courses authenticated by industry experts. It’s true their course charges are on an expensive side however, the quality and in-depth knowledge they offer is reasonable. The popular courses are mainly in business and technology. Many of which are best sellers of all time. Recently, Udemy Secures a $50 Million Investment from Long-time Partner, Benesse Holdings. The investors trust in the brand is enough to speak of its credibility.
4. Khan Academy: Khan Academy is an American non-profit educational organization created in 2008 by Salman Khan. Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. Since Khan Academy is free for anyone to use, it’s a great way to start with a particular subject before moving into the advance level.
5. Skillshare: A community marketplace for learning new skills, Skillshare covers a broad range of subjects highly oriented to professionals. They offer an online catalogue and short video-based courses. In order to view the course, one needs to subscribe to the membership program. However, with the LinkedIn premium subscription service, one can avail of these courses free of cost. They also provide a digital certificate of achievement after completion of the course. Most of the courses are highly engaging and rich in content.
6. Bloc: The Bloc platform focuses on web and mobile development courses. They provide the most relevant industry-based boot-camp program to their students. The course material is highly oriented for job-driven output. With tuition starting at $4,250, Bloc courses don’t come cheap, however, considering this a one-time investment, it can change the life of serious students who are committed to making career transformation.
7. General Assembly: General Assembly is a pioneer in education and career transformation, specializing in today’s most in-demand skills. Focusing on education in design, business and technology, GA covers in-person classes across several cities around the world. Apart from that, they have also started a selective course through an online medium. Live-stream session of GA is popular among learners. The price of the course is reasonable considering the amount of effort they put into their resources.
Online courses are now becoming popular among students, which in return has created a competitive environment for an educational platform. One should choose a course based on interest and availability of expert faculty, student should refrain from blind bargaining keeping in mind education is a long term investment.
Kindly, reach out in the comment section for more queries. For more details on career counselling session reach out at [email protected]